Thursday, September 25, 2003

Look, blog, I’m sorry. I know I’ve been neglecting you lately, but I’ve been real busy with work, trying to finish my article for the High Hat #3 and studying for this damn exam that looms in just six weeks. Plus I've got to work in a couple of hours a day of aimless meandering. You know how it is.

I promise you, I’ll make it up to you soon. I’ll take you upstate to that little place in the woods. Just you and me. It’ll be just like old times, baby. Now, don't cry, and don't threaten to move back to your parents' house - we both know you're not going to do that. Look, this weekend I'll buy you a nice dinner at a moderately priced restaurant, finish writing that piece I've been procrastinating on...

(In other words, updates may be semi-sporadic here for the next few weeks. I realize that my primary goal in life is to provide a minute or two of faint bemusement for a handful of people every week, but other priorities are temporarily taking precedence. But the show will go on. I have five Word pages worth of half-written blog entries, and by God, I'm going to inflict every one of them on you whether you like it or not.)

No comments: