Thursday, September 04, 2003

Hey, there was actual excitement in my real life today! Does everyone want to hear about it? No? Well, I'm going to write about it anyway. This blog is dangerously low on the FDA recommended allowance of personal self-indulgence, anyway, so consider it my part to bring things back into balance.

I was in a minor car accident today. I had to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting a car that was parked at a green light to let an ambulance go by, but the brakes wouldn't catch, so I had to swerve onto the curb to avoid hitting the car. Fortunately, it worked, and praise the indifferent gods that there were no pedestrians on the curb at the time. (It's a highway curb, so it wasn't a place where there's heavy pedestrian traffic.) The resulting collision blew out my right front tire, and who knows how much it'll cost to get the brakes fixed, but I managed to cheat death yet again. For those of you counting, this is the third car accident I've had in the past two years, and the only injury I suffered was a minor headache during the first one. None of those accidents were my fault, either, but I realize that's becoming increasingly difficult to believe as the incidents pile up.

So let this be a lesson to those of you who would wish for my death - I am very, very hard to kill. And God? I know you're up there, trying to get back at me for all that smack I've talked about you. Bring it on, bitch, but next time you best bring some Kryptonite.

No comments: