Sunday, August 10, 2003

Way back in May, I posted a list of my 25 favorite albums of all time. Since then, I’ve been plagued with doubt and regret over the albums I omitted from that list. (Which should give you an idea of how shallow and unrewarding my internal life is, but anyway.) So in an attempt to assuage my conscience, I now present my 26th through 50th favorite albums of all time, again in rough chronological order and subject to change at any time due to personal whims:

Robert Johnson, Complete Recordings
Doo Wop Box, vol. 1
John Coltrane, Blue Train
Sonny Rollins, Way Out West
Grant Green, Born to be Blue
Beatles, Revolver
Bob Dylan, Highway 61 Revisited
Nuggets Box, vol. 1
Led Zeppelin III
Rolling Stones, Exile on Main Street
Can, Tago Mago
Cheap Trick, Heaven Tonight
Marvin Gaye, Anthology
Elvis Costello, My Aim is True
Television, Marquee Moon
The Fall, Hex Enduction Hour
R.E.M., Murmur
Replacements, Let it Be
Husker Du, New Day Rising
Tom Waits, Franks Wild Years
Teenage Fanclub, Bandwagonesque
Nirvana, In Utero
American Music Club, Mercury
Neutral Milk Hotel, In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy, I See a Darkness

No comments: