Wednesday, July 30, 2003

Blog filler:

- I finally noticed last week that the much vaunted tax cut is now being reflected in my paycheck. Yes, now I’m taking home $7.28 more every two weeks. WOO-HOO, WE LIVIN’ NOW, DOG! THIS SURELY WAS WORTH DESTROYING THE BUDGET SURPLUS! MORE CAVIAR, M’LADY?

- Fast rocketing up the chart of Things That Really Fucking Irritate Me are the ads for that fucking “Puppetry of the Penis” show that’s incessantly advertising on cable here in DC. (No, I’m not linking to it. Find it yourself.) It’s apparently another curse on the world from Australia, clearly the worst continent on the planet (even Antarctica has inspired a few decent nature documentaries, at least). Personally, the only way I’m spending an evening looking at other dudes’ penises (or penii) is if all of the mysteries of the universe are revealed during the course of the show. Even then, it’s a 50/50 proposition at best.

- As part of my continuing quest to pattern my life after J. Henry Waugh, I've been simulating fictional baseball seasons in Out of the Park Baseball. I use fictional players, and the names generated by the computer for the players are alternately hilarious and weirdly cool. Here's a few of my favorites, suitable for use in your next novel or fake ID:

- Rabbit Armbruster
- Shigetoshi Sanchez
- Sparrow Studebaker
- Laddie Lemasters
- Bud Sepulveda
- Lee Gandhi
- Astyanax Garay
- Moxie DiGiacoma
- Johnny Mullet

- God, I don't even want to think about what ads Blogspot is going to give me after that "Puppetry of the Penis" rant.

No comments: